Recognizing the need for additional training opportunities in the field of casting, Casting Society of America, through its charitable 501c3 and educational arm Casting Society Cares, created the Training and Education Program to provide training for the next generation of casting professionals and address the lack of equity within our profession for those interested in pursuing a career in casting.
WE ARE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHING OUR VIRTUAL CLASSES!
- The first three classes of the Casting Assistant Training and Education Program are set to run virtually, the weekends of July 31st, August 1st, August 7th and August 8th in the form of 7 virtual modules.
- A maximum of 16 students will be accepted into each class.
- We will be seeking candidates who are hard working with a positive attitude and a passion for a career in casting.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Dates and Locations
July 31, 2021: Module 1 (9:00-11:00am PST), Module 2 (11:45am-2:00pm PST)
Part I includes the following three classes which will be taught in a virtual module format of 7 modules over the two weekends:
Industry Insider I
Casting Society of America
History of Casting
Studio & Network
Agents & Managers
Industry Insider II
"Who's Who" Continued
The Production Team
Departments & Positions
Roles & Responsibilities
Relationship to Casting
Scheduling & Appointments
Documentation & Paperwork
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon fulfillment of these classes
- Cost for the virtual Part 1 classes (7 modules): $350.00 total.
- Scholarships are available and can be applied for upon acceptance.
- We offer a payment plan if needed of 50% at the time of acceptance and 50% due the week before the first module.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and at minimum possess a high school diploma or have passed a high school equivalency test.
- Interest in pursuing a career in casting is a MUST.
- Attendance at all 7 modules is mandatory to receive your certificate.
- Must be available all four days.
- Helpful to have basic office and proficient computer skills.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL JUNE 28th!
VIRTUAL 2021 CLASS DATES
July 31st, August 1st, August 7th, August 8th
1. Profession statement with a clear reason on what you hope to get out of the Casting Assistant Training & Education classes (one paragraph).
2. A one-minute (maximum length) video submission: Please explain your interest in the program, why you want to pursue a career in casting and why you would be a good candidate for the program. Upload as a private link and send in either your cover letter or include in the 'Additional Information' field.
3. Your Business Resume.
4. Any additional information you feel is appropriate to help us get to know you better (i.e. social media handles).
If you applied for November 2018 and you would like to use the same application materials, YOU STILL NEED TO APPLY, but instead of re-attaching, please notate that you will be using the same materials and include any additional materials or updates if necessary.