Recognizing the need for additional training opportunities in the field of casting, Casting Society of America, through the charitable and educational arm Casting Society Cares, created the Training and Education Program for those interested in pursuing a career in casting in an effort to train the next generation of diverse casting professionals.
Casting Society Cares will be running the first three classes of the Casting Assistant Training and Education Program in Los Angeles and New York this summer.
- The first three classes of Casting Assistant Training and Education Program are currently available and running this summer in Los Angeles and New York.
- A maximum of 16 students will be accepted in each city.
- We are seeking candidates who are hard working with a positive attitude and a passion for a career in casting.
Dates and Locations
June 15th, 22nd, and 23rd
July 12th, 13th, and 14th
Part I includes the following three classes:
Industry Insider I
Casting Society of America
History of Casting
Studio & Network
Agents & Managers
Industry Insider II
"Who's Who" Continued
The Production Team
Departments & Positions
Roles & Responsibilities
Relationship to Casting
Scheduling & Appointments
Documentation & Paperwork
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon fulfillment of the three classes
- Cost for the first three classes: $550.00 total.
- We offer a payment plan if needed of 50% at the time of acceptance and 50% due the week before the first class.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and at minimum possess a high school diploma or have passed a high school equivalency test.
- Interest in pursuing a career in casting is a MUST.
- Attendance at all 3 classes is mandatory to receive your certificate.
- Must be available for all three 8-hour days.
- Helpful to have basic office and proficient computer skills.
Thank you to all who applied!
Applications are now closed for Summer 2019.
If you applied for November 2018 and you would like to use the same application materials, YOU STILL NEED TO APPLY, but instead of re-attaching, please notate that you will be using the same materials and include any additional materials or updates if necessary.