Recognizing the need for additional training opportunities in the field of casting, Casting Society of America, through its charitable 501c3 and educational arm Casting Society Cares, created the Training and Education Program to provide training for the next generation of casting professionals and address the lack of equity within our profession for those interested in pursuing a career in casting.
PLEASE NOTE: Our classes are still on hold. We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in this time.
- The first three classes of the Casting Assistant Training and Education Program will hopefully run again this year, exact dates are TBD and will be released closer to those times.
- A maximum of 16 students will be accepted into each class.
- We will be seeking candidates who are hard working with a positive attitude and a passion for a career in casting.
To be added to the interested student list for future classes, please contact us above.
Dates and Locations
Exact dates TBD
Part I includes the following three classes:
Industry Insider I
Casting Society of America
History of Casting
Studio & Network
Agents & Managers
Industry Insider II
"Who's Who" Continued
The Production Team
Departments & Positions
Roles & Responsibilities
Relationship to Casting
Scheduling & Appointments
Documentation & Paperwork
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon fulfillment of the three classes
- Cost for the first three classes: $550.00 total.
- We offer a payment plan if needed of 50% at the time of acceptance and 50% due the week before the first class.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and at minimum possess a high school diploma or have passed a high school equivalency test.
- Interest in pursuing a career in casting is a MUST.
- Attendance at all 3 classes is mandatory to receive your certificate.
- Must be available for all three 8-hour days.
- Helpful to have basic office and proficient computer skills.
Application/class dates will be released later this year.
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK 2020 CLASS DATES
Exact Dates TBD
Application Requirements (for when applications are open):
1. Profession statement with a clear reason on what you hope to get out of the Casting Assistant Training & Education classes (one paragraph).
2. A one-minute (maximum length) video submission: Please explain your interest in the program, why you want to pursue a career in casting and why you would be a good candidate for the program. Upload as a private link and send in either your cover letter or include in the 'Additional Information' field.
3. Your Business Resume.
4. Any additional information you feel is appropriate to help us get to know you better (i.e. social media handles).
If you applied for November 2018 and you would like to use the same application materials, YOU STILL NEED TO APPLY, but instead of re-attaching, please notate that you will be using the same materials and include any additional materials or updates if necessary.