Recognizing the need for additional training opportunities in the field of casting, Casting Society of America, through the charitable and educational arm Casting Society Cares, created the Training and Education Program for those interested in pursuing a career in casting in an effort to train the next generation of diverse casting professionals.
Casting Society Cares will be running the first three classes of the Casting Assistant Training again this November in Los Angeles.
- The first three classes of the Casting Assistant Training and Education Program will run again this year in Los Angeles and New York, exact dates are TBD.
- A maximum of 16 students will be accepted into each class.
- We were seeking candidates who are hard working with a positive attitude and a passion for a career in casting.
To be added to the interested student list for future classes, please contact us above.
Dates and Locations
Part I includes the following three classes:
Industry Insider I
Casting Society of America
History of Casting
Studio & Network
Agents & Managers
Industry Insider II
"Who's Who" Continued
The Production Team
Departments & Positions
Roles & Responsibilities
Relationship to Casting
Scheduling & Appointments
Documentation & Paperwork
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon fulfillment of the three classes
- Cost for the first three classes: $550.00 total.
- We offer a payment plan if needed of 50% at the time of acceptance and 50% due the week before the first class.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and at minimum possess a high school diploma or have passed a high school equivalency test.
- Interest in pursuing a career in casting is a MUST.
- Attendance at all 3 classes is mandatory to receive your certificate.
- Must be available for all three 8-hour days.
- Helpful to have basic office and proficient computer skills.
Applications are now closed!
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK 2020 CLASS DATES
1. Profession statement with a clear reason on what you hope to get out of the Casting Assistant Training & Education classes (one paragraph).
2. A one-minute (maximum length) video submission: Please explain your interest in the program, why you want to pursue a career in casting and why you would be a good candidate for the program. Upload as a private link and send in either your cover letter or include in the 'Additional Information' field.
3. Your Business Resume.
4. Any additional information you feel is appropriate to help us get to know you better (i.e. social media handles).
If you applied for November 2018 and you would like to use the same application materials, YOU STILL NEED TO APPLY, but instead of re-attaching, please notate that you will be using the same materials and include any additional materials or updates if necessary.